Whether you want to achieve success either in your personal life or your business, setting clear, concise goals is one of the most important steps you can take to achieve the positive changes and the life you want to create. Without clear goals you can end up confused about what you want to achieve, and you may be putting yourself on the path to stagnation. Clear goals can give you tremendous momentum and intense purpose in your life.
Below are five important steps to help you to define clear goals in your life:
# Step One ~ Understand what you want to achieve.
The first step is to determine exactly what you want to achieve as this is vital in defining clear goals. If you don't know what you want and where you're going, you can't figure out a route to get there.
Once you have clarity on what you want to achieve and where you want to be, you'll be able to come up with the goals that will help you get there. Take the time to sit down and brainstorm your long-term dreams and desires.
And ask yourself:
* Where do you see yourself in 1 years, 3 - 5 years and even 10 years?
# Step Two ~ Determine a timeline
Setting timelines will prevent procrastination and spur you on to action to meet your goals. Having a timeline for your goals also helps to clarify them because now you know what you want and when you want it!
* Come up with goals that you want to meet in a month, year, and even five or ten years from now.
* Make a plan that will keep you on track but be flexible. Allow for changes along the way, but keep your eye on the main goal.
# Step Three ~ Ensure your goals are realistic.
With realistic goals, you can almost guarantee that you'll be able to achieve them, and you won't stress yourself out trying to accomplish something that's out of reach. A clear goal is a realistic one.
* Break your long-term goals into small, achievable action steps. Reaching multiple goals along your journey will give you a feeling of accomplishment and motivate you to continue.
# Step Four ~ Be specific.
Clarify your goals with the details of exactly what you want. Avoid vague generalities. When you make a specific goal, you'll be better able to accomplish it. Close your eyes and try to visualise in your minds eye as clearly as possible what it is you want. How would you feel, what emotions does having exactly what you desire arise inside you? what do you hear? Bring the images as alive as you possibly can and adding emotions will help you to create the life you want to achieve.
* Specific goals allow you to form your timeline and define your action steps. There's no guesswork involved when dealing with specifics. eg, "make more money with your business" is a vague goal. Come up with a specific goal, such as, "I will make £1,000 more per month, three months from today." This goal is specific, measurable, and realistic.
# Step Five ~ Refine your goals.
Your goals may change as your life changes. During this process, you'll be able to make them more specific, realistic, and achievable.
* It's okay to redefine your goals several times in your life! What's important now, might not be important to you six months or six years from now. Be willing to accept change. Revisit your goals regularly and make new plans if necessary.
Most people stumble through life, unsure of their purpose or what they want to achieve. Taking time to set clear goals which will ensure you are living a purposeful, meaning life will be a compass to guide you on what actions to take to make your dreams a reality.
W| By womenwhoslay @womenwhoslay