Updated: Jul 18, 2022
Sitting down and setting resolutions and goals is the easy part. Sticking to and achieving your goals is the part where almost everyone at one time or another falls into a rut or feel over whelmed and more likely than not, simply quit altogether. If you are feeling like you just can’t rise up and climb uphill to your goal, or even walk at a leisurely pace along a flat path to get there? Here are seven things that may be holding you back.
1. Lack of self-belief ~ You may not be motivated to achieve your goals because deep down inside (or maybe not so deep) you don’t believe you can do it, or you don’t feel like you deserve it. Developing self confidence is a key component to strengthening your motivation. If you feel you could do with a self-confidence upgrade try our Get Slaybabe confidence E-book
2. Procrastination ~ Perhaps you're currently juggling way to too many things at the moment and is finding it too hard too keep all your balls up in the air so to speak. You might be feeling over whelmed because you don’t want to face the stress of going down your large and overwhelming to-do list. You've probably bit off more than you can chew. While self-confidence is important, it’s also good to be realistic. If you’ve made a goal to save up a million dollars this year, but you make less than six figures, or lose 4 stones in the 2 months leading up to summer you’ll probably give up on your goal once you realize it’s impossible. Try setting goals with realistic expectations you can accomplish.
3. Fear ~ Believe it or not, you could actually be procrastinating and avoiding your destiny because you’re afraid of the greatness within. You could also be afraid of the changes that will come about if you meet your goals. Confront your fears by writing them out, and perhaps talking them through with a close friend or loved one, so your motivation won’t be detracted by fear of change.
4. Don't look back you're not going that way ~ You may be clinging to the past unnecessarily and re-living similar attempts to achieve your goal, and getting locked into the story of how it didn’t work out so well that time. If so, it's time to wipe the slate clean and move on—if you live in the past you’ll never be able to move successfully toward the future.
5. Failing to plan ~ It’s hard enough to achieve your goal and bring about positive changes, but to do it without a plan is almost impossible. The saying that "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail", is absolutely true. You may be lacking motivation because you’re not leveraging powerful tools like affirmations or a schedule.
6. Lacking support ~ Take a moment to reflect on the people around you. What are they saying about you and your goals? Are they being supportive and checking in to see how you’re doing, or are they dreamstealers and belittling your abilities? Be absolutely clear on who's in your corner and consider spending less time with the negative people that diminish your motivation, or at the very least not including them in the goals you have for your future life.
W|By womenwhoslay @womenwhoslay